International Soccer Camp (Portugal)
The soccer camp’s main objective is to provide a safe, fun, and overall amazing experience for every athlete who joins the program. Future Soccer has partnerships with many major professional soccer clubs in Portugal – FC Porto, S.L. Benfica, C.D. Feirense, F.C. Famalicão, and Leixões S.C., to name a few.
There will be four friendly matches with four of these teams (of equal or reasonably close age group) where players will play at the professional clubs’ training grounds against them. Friendly matches against teams like these are not only great development experiences for players, but also amazing showcasing opportunities as well. These professional soccer clubs are very competitive and play in the most prestigious international youth competitions across the globe.
Camp participants will spend 7 days in Portugal at the HF Tuela Hotel, a nicely located hotel in the city of Porto. The hotel provides security, comfortable and clean bedrooms, and a common dining area.
The International Camp program goes beyond the scope of just facing off against top level professional soccer clubs; it includes visits and events to maximize the entertainment of players. Players will visit the famous five bridges at the Ribeira of Porto, a live soccer match, Porto Central Park, Crystal Palace, the city of Braga, Bom Jesus De Braga, Guimaraes Castle, Serralves Gardens, a day of Padbol (a fun sport that is well known in Europe), as well as downtown Porto and surrounding malls. The visits planned will give players the opportunity to learn more about Portugal and the Portuguese culture.
Ready for an experience of a lifetime?
All the need-to-know about the Future Soccer Portugal Camp
- Airfare round-trip (Toronto – Porto) (Porto – Toronto)
- Ground Transportation (Airport – Hotel, Hotel – Games – Events, Hotel – Airport)
- Events / Entertainment (Live Soccer Match and City Tours)
- Accommodation (Hotel)
- Food and Beverage (ALL INCLUSIVE) *Applies only to players*
- Four friendly matches against professional soccer club’s youth teams
- Video/Photos (Covering all tours, events, and videotaping all matches)
Future Soccer partner with SoccerSoul in order to provide the best experience for International players within Europe.
SoccerSoul is an agency that specializes in career management for top level soccer players. SoccerSoul strongly supports all the athletes and coaches that they represent, satisfying them to the fullest. The secret to their success, is their passion and joy they put into everything they do. From identifying athlete talents, to placing them in professional clubs, SoccerSoul presents the best solution for each athlete to achieve their goals the most effective way.
Airfare Round-TripOne of the great advantages of our program is that we can include round-trip airfare in the final price. In most cases, other sporting events companies do not include airfare in their price at all, and it is up to the participant or their soccer club to look for tickets and book them on their own. This provides a major convenience to clubs, participants, and their families. Participants will leave Pearson International Airport (YYZ) in Toronto and will arrive at the O Porto Airport (OPO) in Portugal. There will be one program coordinator at Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to gather all participants, organize everything, and accompany them to Portugal. Registrants have the option of booking their own flights, but will be responsible for their own traveling if that is the case. Flight arrival times in Portugal must be made known to Future Soccer prior to the Portugal Camp in order to accommodate athletes with ground transportation.
Ground TransportationThere will be a bus or vans upon the athletes’ arrival in Portugal. The bus/vans will transport players from the Airport to the HF Tuela hotel, and will also be the vehicle of transportation for sight-seeing events and friendly matches.
During their free time, players will have additional activities planned. They will visit the famous five bridges at the Ribeira of Porto, a live soccer match (Liga NOS – Portugal First Division), Porto Central Park, Crystal Palace, City of Braga, Bom Jesus De Braga, Guimaraes Castle, Serralves Gardens, a day of Padbol (a fun sport that is well known in Europe), as well as downtown Porto, and malls.
- HF Teula Porto Hotel is well known for accommodating the Portuguese National Youth Team when playing as guests in Porto.
- Both double and triple rooms include: air conditioning, refrigeration, comfortable beds, bathroom, television with cable, desk and WIFI.
- Players will have a buffet breakfast at the hotel.
- The hotel is located in a strategic part of Porto; it is right beside the Bom Sucesso’s Market as well as near the exit of the main highway.
- See their website here
Food and Beverage
In our program, food and beverages are ALL INCLUSIVE FOR PLAYERS. Players will be provided with three meals per day, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- A buffet breakfast will be provided at the hotel
- Lunch and dinner will be provided by restaurants that we have partnered with, and/or mall food courts.
- These restaurants include:
- Galispo Restaurant
- Cantinho dos Bragança
- Pizzaria Antonio Mezerro
- Leitão do Zé
- Dona Elivira
- Capa Negra – Francesinhas
- Binho – Sushi
- Marisqeira o Rijo
- O Robalo
- A Tasca do Zé
- These restaurants include:
- FOR PARENTS, the food will be paid for at their own expense. Portugal is very famous for its gastronomy, and we want to provide the best experience for the parents.
- FC Braga
- FC Famalicao
- FC Porto
- Feirense SC
- Leixoes SC
- Boa Vista FC
- Guimaraes FC
- Tondela FC
- Moreirense FC
- Rio Ave FC
- Aves FC
- Vizela FC
Videos / Photos
- All friendly matches will be videotaped by a professional video media company.
- Photos & videos will also be taken during the entire program and will be uploaded to our social media and website gallery (with consent).
- Aside from the photos and videos allowing players to remember their wonderful experience in Portugal, they are also very useful for scholarship & professional showcase opportunities.
- Have access to invaluable showcasing opportunities with the top professional soccer clubs in Portugal
- Gain international soccer experience
- Develop new soccer skills and progress old ones
- Learn different styles of play
- Get to know other participants and match opponents
- Play at the most developed training grounds in Portugal against top professional clubs’ youth academies
- Receive footage of the Portugal Camp with all games recorded (highlight reels will be charged an additional cost).
- Build stronger team chemistry by the end of this amazing experience
- Gain a new eye-opening perspective on soccer and life
- Visit a beautiful country such as Portugal
- Learn a new culture and way of life
- Learn valuable life lessons and skills related to independence, teamwork, motivation, and passion
Porto and Region
Porto is the second largest city in Portugal, and is located along the beautiful Douro River. This vibrant city is quickly becoming one of Western Europe’s most wanted tourist destinations. Porto has a rich historical past, while also having an exciting nightlife. The friendly culture and cobbled-street charm, along with the ancient architecture will be sure to inspire anyone. There is much to see and experience when visiting the diverse and exciting city of Porto, Portugal.